Experiments Check-In 2
I have a few updates since my last 2021 experiments update. I do these mostly for myself, but I figure they may help others on similar journeys.
- Readership and follows are still going up across all platforms, but especially the newsletter.
- Engagement is way up.
- I’ve gotten way more experience behind the scenes that I hope to bring to the site in the next 6 months.
- I wrote a massive amount for others, and I’ll be re-purposing some of it for the public soon.
- My mom passed away, leaving so much to be done. In these situations, business is never a priority. I’ve let a lot of things go for a while.
- Daily writing is actually up for others, but writing in public for my own stuff is way down.
- I’m really not loving my newsletter service. When a service is built for e-commerce and newsletters, chances are the newsletter part is an afterthought.
- Books sales have dropped since winter.
- Build a better personal newslettering process.
- Switch to a better newsletter service.
- Try a new newsletter I’ve been sitting on for a while.
- Turn my Twitter feed into something more useful to others, rather than just a time sync for my reading (this may turn some people off, but it’s an experiment I’ve wanted to try for a long time).